Afripumps (Pty) Ltd have made it “a whole lot simpler” to buy your goods. Our store is user-friendly and very simple to use. Just browse our store, and choose the items you wish to buy before adding them into the shopping cart. Each item comes with a picture that can be enlarged as well as a Technical Spec Sheet to assist your selection. If you are still not sure, then give us a call and we will gladly assist! Once you have finished your selection, click on ‘Checkout’ and you will be asked for a few details that we need to be able to complete the order.
If you have made a mistake with your order and are unable to correct it in the shopping cart, please contact us immediately so that we can correct the mistake from our side.
We accept Visa and MasterCard or EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer). Goods will only be sent to you once the money has cleared in our Bank Account. We do not charge for any item until it is ready to ship, therefore items placed on Backorder will not be charged until they have been shipped.
Once we have received your order, you will receive an Order Confirmation. An order confirmation is not a binding Contract but merely indicates acceptance of your order. Once pricing and availability has been confirmed you will then be issued with an Invoice. This term protects us in the event of a mistake made due to an incorrect price where we have under-priced a good, or if we are no longer able to supply a particular product for some reason. In the case of a change of price, we will contact you first to ensure that the price is acceptable.
These are the general terms of the relationship between you (website visitor) and us (website owner). The terms cover all use of this website. You agree to the terms by visiting and using this website.
DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
Definitions. In the agreement:
terms means the terms, consisting of:
- any other relevant specific terms, policies, disclaimers, rules and notices agreed between the parties, (including any that may be applicable to a specific section or module of the website);
we, us, or our means Afripumps (Pty) Ltd, the owner of the website. It includes our officers, agents, employees, owners, co-branders and associates where the terms limit or exclude our liability;
you or your means any visitor to this website, including any other person, website, business or agent (including any virtual or robotic agent) associated with the visitor.
If the meaning of any general term conflicts with any other relevant specific term, the specific term will apply. Specific terms apply to a specific section of the website or have been specifically agreed between you and us.
USE OF THIS WEBSITE
We grant you a limited licence to use this website on these terms. We may cancel your licence at any time for any reason. Your licence is automatically cancelled if you do not get our written permission before using this website in a way these terms do not allow.
If you breach any of the terms or infringe any other person’s rights (including copyright), we may cancel your licence, block you from using the website, claim specific performance or damages against you and take any other steps the law allows, without affecting our rights.
You may not frame this website or any of its pages.
You may only link to the home page of this website. You may not deep link (link to any other page) or link in any way that could suggest that we endorse or support you, or that you have any rights in our website or intellectual property.
You may not use any technology (including spiders, crawlers, bots and similar virtual agents) to search or gain any information from this website.
CAPACITY AND AGREEMENT.
You promise that you are entitled to visit this website and agree to the terms because you:
- are at least 18 (or regarded as legally adult), and have the legal right and capacity to do so; or
- are not 18 yet, but have permission from your parent (or legal guardian) to do so.
Accurate information. You promise that you will only give accurate information to us and this website.
Except as provided to the contrary in the agreement, all right, title, interest, and ownership (including all rights under all copyright, patent, and other intellectual property laws) in, to or of this website are our sole property or will vest in us or a third party licensor. All moral rights are reserved.
Our logo and sub-logos, marks, and trade names are our trademarks and no person may use them without permission. Any other trademark or trade name that may appear on our marketing material is the property of its respective owner.
Except as expressly permitted under the agreement, the website may not be:
- modified, distributed, or used to make derivative works;
- rented, leased, loaned, sold or assigned;
- decompiled, reverse engineered, or copied; or
- reproduced, transferred, or distributed.
LIMITS TO OUR LIABILITY
YOU USE THIS WEBSITE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
We provide the website “as is”. We do not give any express or implied warranty or make any other promise about this website. For example, we do not warrant that it is good quality, fit for any particular purpose, accurate, complete, up-to-date, legally effective or secure. We also do not warrant that it is free of latent defects, errors, malicious software or infringing content, or that you will have quiet or uninterrupted use of it.
YOU INDEMNIFY US.
You indemnify (or promise to protect) us against any claim, demand, loss, damage, cost, or liability (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) related to your use of this website.
We will do our best to fix any fault in this website as soon as reasonably practical after we find out about it. This is the limit of our responsibility and liability for any fault in the website.
DIRECT DAMAGES LIMITED.
If the previous clause does not apply for any reason, our maximum liability to you for all claims for direct damages is R100. This limit applies whether a claim is based on contract, delict (tort) or any other legal cause of action.
NO LIABILITY FOR INDIRECT DAMAGES.
We will never be responsible for any indirect or consequential damages or losses, even if we should have foreseen them. These may include any loss of profit, loss of goodwill, loss of use or damages related to lost or damaged data.
We are not responsible for anyone else’s website.
The terms are the entire agreement between the parties on the subject.
CHANGES TO WEBSITE.
We may change or stop publishing this website without notice and will not be responsible for any consequences.
CHANGES TO TERMS.
We may change the terms by placing a notice on this website. If you do not agree with the change, you must stop using this website or the changed terms will apply to you.
FACTS ABOUT WEBSITE.
If an administrator of this website signs a letter confirming any fact related to the website, that letter is conclusive proof of its contents. These may include the version of the terms that apply to any dispute, or what content or functions the website had at a particular time or date.
We do not ever waive (give up) our rights, even if we allow you any favour or extension of time, or we delay enforcing our rights against you.
Any term that is invalid, illegal or cannot be enforced must be regarded as deleted. The remaining terms continue as intended.
LAW AND JURISDICTION.
South African law and conditions (such as time and date) govern the terms. Only the South African courts may decide any dispute about the terms.
There is no such thing as “perfect security”. We have to compromise between increased levels of security and the convenience to you in transacting with us.
OUR SECURITY RESPONSIBILITIES
We will ensure that:
- we host our website in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders.
- the information you give to us that is stored on or passes through our systems is protected. Encryption is used to protect the personal information you give us. This includes using your credit card on our website (see below).
- the links from our systems to systems under the control of third parties (for example our payment gateway) are secure.
- regular backups of data are performed to ensure it can be recovered in the case of a disaster.
- all access to our system is logged. If any unauthorised behaviour should occur, this will assist us in identifying and resolving the issue.
- we take reasonable steps to secure your payment information and use a payment system that is sufficiently secure with reference to accepted technological standards at the time of the transaction and the type of the transaction concerned.
OUR SECURITY DISCLAIMERS
Please note the following:
- The third parties whose systems we link to are responsible for the security of information while it is collected by, stored on, or passing through the systems under their control.
- We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that our website and your information is not compromised. However, we cannot guarantee that no harmful code will enter our website (for example viruses, bugs, trojan horses, spyware or adware). You should be aware of the risks associated with using websites (addressed below).
- If you experience a problem or loss that is caused by information you provided to us, your computer being compromised in some way or by something beyond our control, we cannot take responsibility for causing the problem. We will, however, do our best to help you if we can.
YOUR SECURITY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install and activate appropriate security software on your computer. This should include anti-virus, anti-spyware and anti-spam software.
- Run regular scans of your computer for viruses.
- Update your security software to ensure you are always running the current version.
Other steps you should take to help protect your computer include:
- Check your Internet browser’s security settings for ways to make your browsing more secure.
- Make sure that you have entered secure pages when filling in your credit card details. Look for a small yellow lock commonly seen at the bottom right of your browser and http changes to https on the address bar.
- Sign out after you have transacted electronically.
- Never share your password with anyone.
- Never send your password via email.
- Make your password as strong as possible.
CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
Transacting with us electronically (including transacting and using your credit card on our website) is safe and secure. It is much the same as transacting in person face-to-face.
We do not get involved in any credit card transactions directly.
All credit card transactions are handled or acquired for us via VCS who are the approved payment gateway for our bankers, FNB (First National Bank).
No credit card details are stored on our website. VCS uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3).
You may go to VCS to view their security certificate and security policy.] OR Payment processing.
We store and process your payment information on computers located in the Republic of South Africa that are protected by physical and technological security devices.
We comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (“PCI DSS”), which set out the industry standards for maintaining a secure environment.
Our PCI DSS compliance certification will be provided on request.
A Certificate Authority (or CA) checks, verifies, and certifies our service provider’s company registration documents and domains to ensure that nobody can impersonate them to obtain your payment Information. OR Payment verification.
A Certificate Authority (or CA) checks, verifies, and certifies our company registration documents and domains to ensure that nobody can impersonate us to obtain your payment Information.
<<<Nothing>>> OR Payment security.
All payers’ credit card details are secured by secure sockets layer (“SSL”) encryption whilst in transmission and reinforced through various encryption processes in order to provide protection for all sensitive payment information.
We do not access any of the credit card details. These are encrypted and stored in our secure Payment Card Industry (“PCI”) environment. When required for purposes of a transaction between you, as a merchant, and a payer, we retrieve and forward encrypted credit card details to you. You never access or store any payer’s credit card details.
Once you begin the checkout process you will notice that the site URL will change from “http” to “https” and a small padlock will appear at the bottom of your screen. This is indicative of a secure Internet transaction.
You can still use your Visa or MasterCard credit card as payment for an Order, but we will not ask you to enter your Verified by Visa password or MasterCard SecureCode. OR Verification programs.
We will ask you to enter your Verified by Visa password or MasterCard SecureCode when you use your Visa or MasterCard credit card as payment for an order.]
Secure URL. You must only log in to your account from a page that begins with www.afripumps.com
NO CONFIRMATION THROUGH LINKS.
We will never ask you to confirm your username and password or other sensitive information by clicking on any links in an email other than the email link we send you at registration to verify your email address.
Be aware of “phishing” attacks where criminals attempt to obtain your sensitive information by sending you an email, masquerading as an email from us, asking you to access your account or verify information via links in the email, or diverting you to a fake Afripumps website.
Please report any suspected phishing attacks to us immediately to prevent any harm to you or other users.
You must report any suspicious or unauthorised activity relating to your use of www.afripumps.com by contacting us. This will help make www.afripumps.com as secure as we can.
We reserve the right to take whatever action we may deem necessary at any time to preserve the security and reliable operation of our system.
You undertake not do (or permit anything to be done) that may compromise the system under our control.